The SBI Clerk 2022 preliminary exam is scheduled to be conducted in the month of November. Students who are preparing for the SBI Clerk exam must fasten their seat belts to secure maximum marks in the exam while adhering to the SBI clerk syllabus and attracting good SBI clerk preparation tactics . The timing is going to be sectional in the SBI Clerk 2022 prelims exam. You will get only 20 minutes to solve each section.
SBI Clerk Syllabus (preliminary):
The preliminary exam will be conducted online and will have objective-type questions. The exam will have 3 sections as follows:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Numerical ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
SBI Clerk Syllabus (mains):
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|General/ Financial awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Reasoning ability and computer aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours and 40 minutes|
Important points to know, if appearing for SBI clerk exam:
- The Prelims exam is available in both the languages, i.e. Hindi and English. It is a bilingual exam.
- The negative marking is 1/4th mark for each incorrect answer.
- No minimum qualifying marks are there for an individual subject.
You must devise a unique SBI clerk preparation strategy for theSBI clerk exam beforehand in order to attempt maximum questions. In this article, we are going to discuss SBI Clerk preparation tips and effective time management tricks to attempt each section in 20 minutes.
Time Management Tips for SBI Clerk 2022 exam:
Tips to attempt SBI Clerk exam for Reasoning Ability:
- You will have to attempt 35 questions in 20 minutes. Because of the sectional time limits, your focus should be to make the maximum use of those 20 minutes for each section.
- Attempt those questions first on which you have 100% confidence.
- Be careful, each wrong answer will make you lose 1/4th mark.
- Use the elimination method to solve those questions of which you are unsure.
- Check your speed, consistency and accuracy while timing the mock tests.
- Avoid getting stuck on a question for too long. In case you do, move on to the next one and come back to that question after attempting the entire section.
Time management tips for SBI Clerk 2022 for General English:
- Attempt Fillers and Error-based questions first. Do not start the section with lengthy topics such as reading comprehension, etc.
- Try to solve the vocabulary based questions in the RC on priority.
- Try to practice 40+ questions of all the topics beforehand.
- Try to figure out the beginning and the end of a sentence in Para Jumble.
Tips for SBI Clerk 2022 exam for Numerical Ability:
- You will get to see 2 sections of Data Interpretation questions, which means that 10 questions will be based on DI.
- Simplification and quadratic equations are the easy topics to solve and try to attempt them in less than 5 minutes. These will be about 10 questions.
- Try to solve the 5 questions on Number Series in less than 30 seconds (per question). Proceed to the next one if the question is consuming more than 30 seconds.
- Try attempting the rest of the questions as per your ability and the difficulty of the question paper.
In order to boost your confidence, start with the easiest questions. Then move to the moderate and difficult ones. Be aware of your weak and strong areas by studying the SBI Clerk Syllabus in detail. That will make your accuracy rate better while attempting the questions. Do not play guessing games with the questions as it may lead to severe deduction of marks.
In addition, try to remember the cubes, cube roots, square roots, division, etc. via shortcuts. The questions on profit and loss, DI, percentage, etc. could be easily solved if you rely on this trick.
There are thousands of mock tests available in the online as well as offline market. The most unavoidable part in the SBI Clerk preparation is the mock tests and consistent revisions. The more you practice, the more you will be able to remember while attempting the exam.