Your calendar, emails, and files are all combined into one Android app by Microsoft Outlook. It works with Gmail and Yahoo Mail accounts in addition to Microsoft 365. But it would be strange if Outlook not opening or stopped functioning, as many Android users are.
In addition to the Outlook app’s well-known sync and notification difficulties, several users have also voiced concerns about its functionality, notably on Android. We’ll teach you how to use these techniques to resolve any Outlook app difficulties on Android. But first, we’ll look at the difficulties, so let’s get started.
Reasons behind Outlook not opening on Android
The Outlook not opening or is unable to perform properly due to a variety of difficulties. Among the most prevalent offenders are:
- Having trouble uninstalling your sync partnerships
- Having trouble installing the Outlook app
- Unable to sign into the app
- Outlook mobile app crashing
- Unable to locate the required functionality in Outlook Outlook.com
- After setting up, the calendar and contacts cannot sync
There are additional factors that might play a role. Perhaps you’ve installed new software on your computer that doesn’t play well with Outlook, or your system has a virus. Regardless of the precise problem, there are a few crucial troubleshooting remedies to try.
Ways to fix outlook not opening issues
We’ve gathered a list of Outlook not opening difficulties for Android remedies that should help you out. So let’s get deeper into the fixes for your Android outlook app.
1. Having trouble uninstalling your sync partnerships
You can delete your phone from your account if you misplaced it or are attempting to reset your sync partnerships. This will not erase your device.
2. Having trouble installing the Outlook app
The following are the requirements for installing the Outlook mobile app:
- A cell phone or other portable device that satisfies the app’s system requirements.
- A smartphone with enough capacity to accommodate the app’s size.
- You can download apps if you have access to Wi-Fi or data.
3. Unable to sign into the app
- Firstly, double-check your email address and password before attempting to enter the information.
- Check to see whether your email address is supported. Accounts from Microsoft 365, Exchange Online, Exchange Server (2007 SP2, 2010, 2013, and 2016), Outlook.com (including Hotmail, Live, and MSN), Gmail, iCloud, and Yahoo! Mail can be added.
- Consult your workplace’s support staff, your email provider, or your Internet service provider if you’re unsure about the sort of email account you have (ISP).
- Lastly, if you can’t log in to an account you’ve already added, delete it and re-add it.
To delete an account and re-add it:
- Navigate to Settings and then to the account you wish to remove.
- Choose Remove Account.
- Choose From Device (which deletes the account but saves the data) or From Device & Remote Data.
- Re-add the account.
4. Outlook mobile app crashing
Clear the cache on your device if Outlook not opening or Outlook mobile app fails when you launch it. Then uninstall and reinstall the program.
5. Unable to find the feature that needs in outlook
Please offer us your comments if there is a feature you’d like to see included so we can give it a top priority in further updates. For further information, see How Do I Provide Feedback on Microsoft Office.
6. Outlook.com or Microsoft 365 work or school account not syncing anymore
Simply review to Fix Outlook.com email sync troubles if your Microsoft 365 or Outlook.com work or school account was previously synchronizing with your mobile device. Though you may find out how to delete your sync partnership, after which you must join your account again.
You may also check Outlook.com’s server status for outages here. although if there is no downtime and your email is accessible on a PC, your email app could be the problem.
7. Unable to sync calendar and contacts after setting up
Your calendars and contacts will not sync if you configure your email as an IMAP or POP account. To use them with Exchange Active Sync, you must add them as an account. Although make sure your email program has the proper permissions to view your contacts and calendar.
Therefore see If you are having problems syncing your calendar and contacts when you initially set up your email account, you can’t sync them with your phone or tablet.
If your email account functions properly on a computer, the problem could be with your email app, therefore you should get in touch with their assistance. For instance, get in touch with Apple Support if you’re having issues adding an Outlook.com email address to the iOS Mail app. For simple calendar and email management, we suggest downloading and setting up the Outlook mobile app.
Also Read: Outlook Send Receive Error
The aforementioned fixes ought to assist in permanently resolving any Outlook not opening on Android issues. If nothing else works, you may consider switching to an Outlook alternative on Android, and for a more effective solution, you can connect with Email Help Us professionals to get tailored help in a jiffy.