Skilled Work Regional Visa 491 is an Australian visa designed for skilled people who get nominations from a territory or state government. With this 491 visa subclass, they can stay and do a job in the regional areas of Australia. By regional areas, we mean areas outside the major city regions. You can live in Australia for a maximum of 5 years, during which you leave and return to Australia as many times as you like. Here we give a complete guideline that may help you while applying for the Visa Subclass 491.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria?
In the first step, you should check the Visa 491 eligibility requirements, which are as follows.
- You Should Get The Invitation To Apply: When the government asks you to submit your application, then only you should apply for this visa. To let the Immigration Department know about your desire to apply for the visa, you should submit an EOI or Expression of Interest. In your EOI, you should also mention whether an eligible relative is sponsoring you or you want a nomination from a territory or state government agency.
- You Should Get The Nomination Or Sponsorship: State and territory governments have specific criteria, and based on those criteria, they nominate an applicant. You can send a mail to them to know the nomination process. Being sponsored by an eligible relative can also help you get this visa. This eligible relative should have turned 18 and be an Australian citizen or a Permanent Resident staying in an Australian region.
- Age Requirement: Your age should be 45 years or more.
- You Should Have An Occupation Listed On The Skilled Occupation List (SOL): Remember, this is a Skilled Work Visa. So, you must select a skilled occupation from the relevant list of skilled occupations to apply for this visa.
- Have The Suitable Skills Assessment: One of the most crucial 491 Visa conditions is having a suitable skills assessment, and you have to provide the information before they invite. At the time of application, you will have to submit a copy of the skills assessment. For example, if you are a medical or legal practitioner, you can submit the following information as proof of a skills assessment.
- You are fully or unconditionally registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- You have registration in the field of a conditional specialist. But, the limitation is that you will be allowed to practice only in your specialty.
- You are admitted to practice law in the relevant territory or state.
You must receive your skills assessment at least 3 years prior to the invitation date. And, if you had your skills assessed based on a qualification you had obtained in Australia while holding a student visa, you should check if the course was registered with the CRICOS or not.
You Should Score At Least 65 Points
Like other skilled workers’ visas, the 491 Visa is also points-tested. While submitting your Expression of Interest in SkillSelect, you will be provided with an indicative points score based on your claims. And to get the invitation to apply, you should obtain a score of 65 points.
When you receive the invitation, you will find the number of points that you should score. The authority gives it at the time of their assessment of the application. Based on the claims you have made in your EOI, the score may be higher than 65 points. So, when applying, you should submit adequate evidence to support your claims.
English Language Requirements
Having Competent English (overall band score of 6 in the IELTS) is the minimum requirement for the application. The more you score in an internationally accepted English language test, the better points you will get. If you include family members, and their age is 18 years or more, they should meet the following requirements.
– They should know functional English (overall band score of 4.5 in the IELTS).
– They have to pay an application charge for a second instalment visa.
You Should Meet The Health Requirements
You and other people included in the visa application have to fulfil all the health requirements. If you ask, the authority will give detailed information on who will need a health examination, when you should get the health examinations, what the necessary health examinations are, and how you should arrange the health examinations.
You Should Meet The Character Requirements
In addition, all the applicants have to meet the character requirements too. You should mention any past criminal records, or you have been convicted of a criminal offence, or you have been associated with any organisation or group that the government bans. You must be very honest while giving the answers. After you apply, you have to provide relevant police clearance certificates, a military certificate if you have worked in the Defence and a confirmation letter of good conduct from your employer. In addition, you will have to complete a Character Statutory Declaration too.
You Should Not Have Any Uncleared Debts To The Government Of Australia
Do you or any of your family members (including those not included in your visa application) owe the Government of Australia debts? If yes, then you must pay it back before you apply. Even if it is not possible, you should have at least arranged for a clearance.
You Should Sign The Australian Values Statement
If you have turned 18, you should have read the Life in Australia Booklet and the Australian Values Statement. While signing, you should confirm, and you will always obey Australian life and comply with Australian laws.
There Should Be No Record Of Cancelled Visa Or Refused Visa Application
If you have any record of cancellation of a visa previously or had a visa application refused, you will not be eligible to lodge your application for this visa. For the application procedure, you can take help from a professional migration consultant from Perth.
What Will Be The Visa Application Fee?
After submitting the finished application form and the supporting documents, you should pay the application fees. The visa application fee for both the main applicant and subsequent entrant is kept at AUD4115. There are three ways in which you can make the payment. You can make it through direct deposit. It will depend on the application agency you choose. In that case, you will have to deposit the money in their bank account.
You can pay the amount using a personal or bank cheque also. And, if you want to pay online, you can use your credit card or any payment gateway like PayPal.
What Is The Visa Processing Time?
For the main applicant, the visa processing time is 10 months for 75% of applications, while 13 months for 90% of applications. But for the subsequent entrant, the visa takes less time to process. For 75% of applications, it is about 8 months, and for 90% of applications, 10 months.
Each year, different territory and state governments update their rules and regulations regarding the application. So, you should always check their website before applying. A qualified Immigration Agent Perth can also help you.