Strip lights can be installed on any ceiling, but there are a few things to keep in mind. If you want your ceiling light to look as beautiful as possible, consider the following Strip Lights and Ceilings tips. Continue reading to learn more! Strip Light Ceiling Installation- How to Install a Strip Light in the Ceiling
Where Should I Put Strip Lights?
Strip lights are adaptable and can be used in any room of the home. You can mount the Strip Light Mounting Clips vertically or horizontally on the ceiling. Strip lights can be used in the kitchen, living room, or bedroom. You can also use them outside if you use Strip Light Connectors and a Strip Light Cover.
The majority of Strip Lights include mounting clips and can be hung vertically or horizontally. Make sure there is enough space between your ceiling and any drop ceilings in your kitchen, living room, bedroom, or other rooms where you intend to install a Strip Light. If there are no drops in these areas, you can proceed with mounting your lights.
Turn on your Strip Lights once they’re turned on and make sure you like how they look in your space. If you need to remove and reinstall your Strip Lights for any reason, this will save you time and money.
How Should I Select Lighting?
Choosing the type of lighting you want to use is one of the first steps in preparing your space. Strip lights are an excellent choice if you need bright, uniform lighting that will not cast shadows on your work surface. When shopping for Strip Light Fixtures, consider the following features:
- For the best illumination, the strip should have a high light output and low glare.
- The length of your Strip Light should be appropriate for your workspace. If you’re fitting strips in a basement workshop, for example, a longer strip with multiple fixtures per run might be preferable. A kitchen island would benefit from shorter fixtures so that you can easily add more lights if you need more space later.
- The fixture should be dimmable and have a light distribution of at least 400 lumens per foot. Many Strip Light Fixtures feature energy-efficient LEDs that are fully dimmable.
Important Considerations When Purchasing Strip Lights
Look for diffused LED Strip Lights. The diffuser is the frosted cover that sits over the LED light and changes the light’s direction. Diffusers come in a variety of degrees of diffusion, so choose one that is appropriate for your application.
You’ll want more diffusion if you’re using your Strip Light as accent lighting. This will produce a soft glow and conceal any LEDs that are too bright or harsh. Look for less diffusion in direct lighting so that each LED can be seen.
You should also purchase a Strip Light with dimmable functionality. Dimmable lights can be controlled with a wall dimmer or a remote. When using a remote, ensure that the Strip Light you choose is compatible with your controller. This is frequently accomplished by determining whether or not an IP address is required. Battery-powered LED Strip Lights are ideal for working in small spaces or in areas where you need hands-free lighting, such as in cars.
Advanced Purchasing Guide
- Ceiling Light Type: You can install a Strip Light in two different ways, either as a ceiling light or as an outdoor Strip Light. If you are installing your Strip Light Indoors, you can use the diffuser which is perfect for softening the brightness of the lights.
- Ceiling Light Materials: Strip Lights are generally made from plastic or glass materials. The kind of material you pick will be dependent on where and how you plan to use your Strip Light.
Questions and Answers (FAQs)
- How are Strip Lights different from other types of lighting?
- How can I install Strip Lights Outdoors?
- Does the Strip Light Outdoor come with a diffuser?
- What type of materials should I use for my Strip Light Channel installation?